Party favour from the Italian Riviera for your guests: some nice ideas!
One of the things that makes Italians so proud of their heritage is the diverse variety of their food!
Every region in Italy has its own specialities, and thanks to its local ingredients, the Italian Riviera offer a variety of choices. For your wedding in Italy, why not take inspiration from these Italian Riviera products, and create unique party favours or souvenirs for your guests, who will certainly appreciate this sweet touch! Your guests are so important, as they will make the long journey to be with you on your big day, and so they must have a bit of pampering! Here, you will find some ideas to make their experience truly special.
Something sweet and delicious for your souvenir from the Italian Riviera:
- “Baci di Alassio” : literally Alassio’s kisses, these sweets made of chocolate and nuts are typical of Alassio village. If you are near this town, don’t miss this delight.
- “Amaretti di Sassello”, these sweets are typical of Savona and the surrounding area. They are made of almonds, egg whites, sugar and a special ingredient that comes from the inside of an apricot seed.
- “Canestrelli”: these flaky biscuits made with butter have an irresistible taste. They literally melt in your mouth! They are famous all over Italy, as they are considered a traditional Italian food product.
You could put them in the guests’ rooms enveloped in a lovely packaging, as a small thanks for being a part of your wedding in Italy.
The typical sauces from the Italian Riviera:
- Pesto : This typical Ligurian product is famous all over the world. This lovely “sugo” (sauce), is made with local Pra basil, olive oil, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, pine nuts and garlic. It’s used to flavor perfectly “al dente” pasta, and to make other dishes shine.
- Walnuts sauce, creamy and perfumed, mostly made of walnuts, and lovely to be eaten with a typical pasta ligure, “trofie”, and “pansoti” which are ravioli filled with herbs and spinach.
- “Olives “taggiasche”, a typical product from the western coast of Liguria, you can also find this olive’s patè being spread on toasted bread or to be used with pasta.
Why not give a little bottle of oil or wine for a souvenir? Just a few suggestions that will make your wedding in Italy easy to remember:
- Oil: thanks to its olive cultivation on the mountains, the Italian Riviera offers different kind of oils. We recommend extra-virgin oil made of “olive taggiasche”.
- Rose Syrup: with an intense perfume and color, usually poured into hot tea, or cold water to refresh oneself during the summer, or as aperitif with white wine, this syrup is made of rose petals gathered during rose season (from May to June).
- Wines: Vermentino is typical everywhere in the Italian Riviera. It’s a white wine that’s fresh and fruity. Other popular wines are Pigato and Rossese di Dolceacqua, which your guests will surely appreciate as a gift!
Last but not least, in the Italian Riviera, you can find homemade products made with pottery or slate that will be a nice souvenir for your guests! I hope you find these souvenir suggestions useful for your destination wedding in Italy.
Feel free to contact me to plan your blissful destination wedding in the Italian Riviera and get ready to experience the time of your life !
Photo Credit Pinterest
Some photos in this article are from the web and are used only for an illustrative purpose. If it violates any copyrights please write an email and they will be removed.